Last Thoughts (the Friday edition), Photography

Last Thoughts: Inside (the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge)

20120720-184016.jpg

Inside of a lily – © 2012 Karina Chapman

“Inside yourself or outside, you never have to change what you see, only the way you see it.” – Thaddeus Golas

As always, the Friday Edition combines a quote with a favorite photo. I tailor these to the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge theme, which this week is “Inside”.

I had to think on this one a bit. I wasn’t sure what to do. Inside of a sandwich? Inside of my home, which is undergoing a transformation as we finally, after 17 months, try to fully move in? Inside of a cat’s mouth, as she’s drinking water from a tub?

Then I went outside to cut some of the lilies from my front yard for my Mom-in-law. She’s had a rough day, and her new condo is in that agonizing state of chaos when you are trying to unbox everything and figure out where stuff is going to “live”. I thought a gift of some of our lilies, which are a gorgeous pink and smell divine, would do nicely.

When I was arranging them, I decided “inside of a lily” might be nice. But the pinks just weren’t cutting it. I had something more…dramatic in mind. So I tried again with one of the lilies outside.

Bingo.

Below are the original lily photos and the picture of my cat, George. And yes, she really does drink water this way.

20120720-185348.jpg

One pink lily – © 2012 Karina Chapman

20120720-185354.jpg

Who needs cat bowls? George the Maine Coon cat drinking water – © 2012 Karina Chapman

Happy Aloha Friday!

30 thoughts on “Last Thoughts: Inside (the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge)

1. Inside a lily is a peaceful place. And your cat is amazing, drinking fresh flowing water from the tap.
    I enjoyed your accompanying quotation and am just getting ready to blog mine while I think on these things.

Posted by rutheh | July 20, 2012, 11:13 pm
  2. Lilies are so beautiful outside and inside :) And both are equally important. Great post for this week’s challenge!

Posted by evilnymphstuff | July 21, 2012, 1:21 am
  3. Really love the cat picture, normally stays away from water… ;)

Posted by cobbies69 | July 21, 2012, 1:54 am
  4. My favourite flowers!

Posted by livvy30 | July 21, 2012, 7:12 am
  5. Very nice Karina, sometimes the camera just doesn’t capture the color just right. The outside shot is definitely the more vibrant of the two. And the cat, well cats are just weird. :-)

Posted by Jeff Sinon | July 21, 2012, 8:06 am
  6. Beautiful flowers… love them… :)

Posted by Bams Triwoko | July 21, 2012, 11:00 am
  7. Love the lilies – although my fingers are itching to grab a wet paper towel and take out the stamens so they don’t stain the counters when they fall >_<

Posted by lostinagreatbook | July 21, 2012, 2:08 pm
  8. my Charlie does that iwth the bathroom sink

Posted by Jo Bryant | July 21, 2012, 5:44 pm
  9. I love the cat pic, but I am very partial to lilies, and those shots are wonderful, too!

Posted by The Retiring Sort | July 25, 2012, 12:11 pm
  10. Wow, George must have been very thirsty! I love Maine Coons!

Posted by ioanna aggelidaki | July 26, 2012, 6:55 am
    • Yes, this is how she drinks every day. She’s usually in the tub for a good 5 minutes at a time, 3-4 times a day. She wasn’t happy today though, when for some reason my hubby was holding her and he turned on the water…and the shower came on. Whoops! He got a scratch as she ran off. The funny thing is that I’ve accidentally turned the shower on her head before and she didn’t even care, she just kinda ducked a bit until it stopped then drank like usual. lol.

Posted by AlohaKarina | July 27, 2012, 12:52 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside « Ruth E Hendricks Photography - July 21, 2012

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside | Cardboard Me Travels - July 21, 2012

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Inside | Just Snaps - July 21, 2012