Happiness, Photography, Travel

One more Weekly WordPress Challenge photo: “Sun”

Shining the Light of Freedom on America

Shining the Light of Freedom on America - © 2012 Karina Chapman

I was playing around with my photos yesterday, after I had already blogged my WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge entry, and found that I had actually caught one image with a solar flare!

Unfortunately, I haven’t yet figured out how to keep the sky blue with all that glare in the background. I basically blew the sky out completely. As I don’t have Photoshop, I couldn’t even digitize in a sky, which is what I think other people do in a situation like this.

So, I “made do” and went black and white instead.

It’s neat how the solar flare is actually highlighting a bit of her face, and is also shining down onto the tablet ever so slightly, illuminating it. Appropriately enough, what’s written on that illuminated tablet is a date: July 4, 1776.

I’ll be back with more about movies tomorrow. Today, we are going to walk the “Circle of Death”, which is what my oldest daughter calls the Back Cove Trail in Portland, Maine. It’s 3 1/2 miles long, and a perfect choice on this warm, still slightly sunny day. I just hope the rain holds off long enough for us to finish it!

Happy Aloha Saturday!

About these ads

24 thoughts on “One more Weekly WordPress Challenge photo: “Sun”

1. nice photo!

Posted by Imelda | April 21, 2012, 1:52 pm
  2. That’s fabulous work. Love it in black and white. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by changeversations | April 21, 2012, 1:57 pm
  3. Beautiful photo! :)

Posted by Claudia | April 21, 2012, 7:30 pm
  4. I really like this one, even if yesterday’s was really cool too.

I do have Photoshop, but I’m not very good with it. I think it’s easier to correct stuff like that if you shoot in .RAW

Posted by reb | April 21, 2012, 8:20 pm
  5. I love it! I don’t have photoshop either. But I guess I should get it since my mother-in-law swears I must be photo shopping my new pics on FB (it couldn’t be that I really dropped that many pounds, it’s gotta be digital help! LOL)

Posted by Tiffany (lifewithblondie) | April 22, 2012, 3:50 pm
  6. Very nice Karina! B&W looks great!

Posted by Jeff Sinon | April 22, 2012, 6:50 pm
  7. Great picture with a wonderful thought behind it.

Posted by Arindam | April 26, 2012, 2:08 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Best of the Day: Stairs by epolemis | iPhotoloGy - May 15, 2012

2. Pingback: Best of the Day: White is the new eternal | iPhotoloGy - May 17, 2012

Top Clicks