Last Thoughts (the Friday edition)

Last thoughts: On a journey (the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge)

The Manhattan Apple store glass staircase - © 2012 Karina Chapman

The Manhattan Apple store glass staircase - © 2012 Karina Chapman

“Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

As always, the Friday edition combines a quote with a favorite photo. I tailor these to the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge theme, which this week is “Journey”.

There were so many ways I could have covered this week’s challenge…and I may still add another photo to the challenge tomorrow. This staircase at the Apple store on 5th Avenue in Manhattan was my first instinct, however, so I’m going with it.

To be honest, this photograph wasn’t exactly my real first reaction. When I saw the theme was “Journey”, I actually thought of this instead:

What better way to start a weekend than with a bit of inspirational Journey music?

Happy Good Aloha Friday!

About these ads

33 thoughts on “Last thoughts: On a journey (the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge)

1. I love this one. I wonder where all those feet were going!

Posted by Jude | April 6, 2012, 5:27 pm
  2. Excellent choice! That is an awesome shot, and I love that song!

Did you ever watch Sopranos?

Posted by reb | April 6, 2012, 6:17 pm
  3. Hah. I totally went there with the Journey song. In fact when I told my son what the challenge was he started singing Journey songs.

Posted by woven decor | April 6, 2012, 6:51 pm
  4. Actually, I like your first photo. It’s an interesting perspective and fits your quote well.

Posted by Ruth Bailey | April 6, 2012, 6:52 pm
  5. You had me at Apple Store… :-)

Posted by Jeff Sinon | April 6, 2012, 10:25 pm
    • I know, that place is just heaven. Who needs a candy store when you can have Apples?

Hey that might be a good slogan…! ;)

Posted by AlohaKarina | April 6, 2012, 10:33 pm
      • Unfortunately candy is a lot cheaper. But this Apple “fan boy” is willing to pay up!

Posted by Jeff Sinon | April 6, 2012, 10:37 pm
      • Ha, me too. I love my iPad 2… But my next step is to upgrade the memory on my 5YO MacBook so I can upgrade to the newest OS then move to the cloud. Hopefully that vintage Mac will move faster. It is definitely acting like a senior citizen!

Posted by AlohaKarina | April 6, 2012, 10:39 pm
  6. I have quite a few inspirational songs that help keep me going. That is one of them.

That is an awesome shot of the staircase! I was trying to figure out what it was before I noticed your caption!

Posted by Crack You Whip | April 7, 2012, 2:25 am
    • thanks! It was one of those, “Oooooh!” (found) shots… I didn’t go there intending to shoot that picture. But when I saw the staircase from underneath, I nearly ran someone over trying to photograph it! Lol!

Posted by AlohaKarina | April 7, 2012, 12:47 pm
  7. looks cool!!!

Posted by Cedric de Alicoque | April 7, 2012, 2:15 pm
  8. Great photograph. A very creative post. Wonderful entry to this week’s challenge.

Posted by Arindam | April 9, 2012, 6:33 am
  9. Very creative shot!

Posted by Rick Diffley | April 10, 2012, 9:08 pm
  10. Stunning shot & I love the Journey clip. They’re popular again lately but I remember when they were first popular. :)

Posted by Heather | April 11, 2012, 10:11 am
  11. Cool photo! I like that you captured it from the underside. Now I wonder what it’s like to view it from topside. And I see the open risers so I wonder what that photo would look like.

Posted by Kate Walsh / designhouse9 | May 6, 2012, 12:55 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey | Children's Books & More - April 6, 2012

2. Pingback: EASTER SATURDAY : LAST ENTRY TABLE ARRANGEMENT « 2012 – ON THE BENCH - April 6, 2012

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey (The Enlightened Path) « Pictures in living color - April 9, 2012

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Journey | atreegrowsinbklyn - April 12, 2012